Tuesday, June 22, 2010

canned double you tee eph.

so last monday my work decided to GIVE ME my two weeks notice. wtf. seriously. long story short, i was supposed to be stickin around for a few years. this is what we talked about 8 months ago. they were stoked that i was committing and things looked bright. welllllll... changed their minds i guess. its not like i screwed somethin up or something. i was late once. never had a sick day. never complained or nothin. ah well. god gave me that job and looks like he doesn't want or need me to work there anymore. i learned lots and got to build a really great friendship with my pal josh. we had many good times at work and he's helped me and given me so much great advice and insight into a lot of things. i'm pretty sure thats one reason he had me work there. but, the main reason was so liz and i could get hitched! the income from that job helped me a lot for where i was at in life. as well as being able to settle into work (so i thought lol).

liz gave me some super encouraging words the following evening which picked me right up and threw me high. we talked about our plan of movin to japan (oh ya, we wanna live in japan in the next 2.5-3 years. liz wants to teach ESL and i wanna get into import/exporting) and plans for school and courses for me! i was a little worried that her dad would be choked at me but she said they talked and he thought being laid off was the best thing that could happen to me work wise. he said i'm much too bright and such to be workin a labour job.

so here liz and i sit. freshly married, no jobs. little bit of money to get us by for a few months. liz is goin in for an interview tomorrow for this neighbourhood art studios art instructor position. hopefully she nails it. she's a super talented artist and such a great person. she'd be perfect for it. pray for her please.

life's awesome tho. i love wakin up beside liz. its the best. i'm so glad she's my bestfriend too. we have lots of fun each day. silly jokes and great times. so happy we got married.

oh ya i got another tattoo today too. 2 japanese characters. done in an ancient style of japanese caligraphy called "sousho". its a very flowing and curving style of writing. most japanese people can't even read it. they too have to study to be able to read and write it. the characters mean "bravery" and "courage" and can be literally translated to "brave spirit". they are on my left forearm on the the underside. so happy i finally got it done. i've loved both of the characters for a long time and wanted it for just as long. i'll get some pics up later once the bandage comes off.

pray for us with work and life. its always in god's hands and i wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment